Friday, August 12, 2011

Surprise

Last night Dave asked me when I wanted my Push Present. "Right now!" I shouted without having to think, very excited at the mere thought. Last time I got an iPhone.

"Well, it's not a traditional present," he warned.

"Hmm," I said, instantly wary. "Not traditional? Like... it can't be wrapped?"

"Not so much," he said.

"Is it the kind of present you don't have to pay for?" I asked, excitement quickly dwindling.

"No, because it's priceless!" he defended, and sent me into gales of laughter.

"Okay," I agreed.

He went into the office for a few moments and then sent Annalise out with a folded piece of paper for me that had something printed on it.

I opened the paper. It read, 'Karina Elizabeth Fuhriman'. Dave said he'd had a change of heart. I cried. I asked him when he'd decided. He said he'd been feigning continued disgust with it for a while now.

Our baby has a name.

*****************************

A bit later, I asked Annalise excitedly, "Do you want a baby sister named Karina?!"

"No!" she exclaimed.

"Oh," I said, surprised. Usually she responds to that playful tone of voice by saying 'yes' to anything. "Well, what do you want?" I asked.

She thought for a moment. "A dragon!" she said.


4 comments:

PDXTingeys said...

I love that name! I'm glad Dave had a change of heart.

Jodi said...

Beautiful name!

Courtney said...

Love it!!

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

What a fun surprise!