Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fun at the Fair

Annalise enjoyed her second year of the Washington County Fair. There was so much more she could do this year, and she wasn't confined to a stroller due to her ability to walk this time around. She enjoyed the tractors,



and was beside herself with joy to get to see the goats, sheep, cows and pigs.



Daddy tends to make everything more exciting.






There were some baby cows nursing from their mothers and when we walked by, their handlers asked if Annalise wanted to pet them. Did she ever! I tried to explain what was happening.

"The baby cows are nursing," I told her. "They're doing 'nuh'!" 'Nuh' is what Annalise called nursing when she was doing it. She still often asks to (she was weaned three and a half months ago) and I explain that when Baby Sister comes, she will do 'nuh'. Annalise didn't really say much and I thought she didn't understand about the calves and we moved on. Starting a few days later though, she came up to me and said seriously, "Nuh." I thought she was asking to do it herself which was weird because usually she only requests it when I am changing my shirt.

"'Nuh' will be for Baby Sister," I reminded her.

She paused, and tried to explain. "Cow!" she said. "Nuh!" And she has mentioned it every day, sometimes multiple times since.



The corn pit was a hit again this year.


Big cow and his little cow.



Annalise got to enjoy her first corn dog. She was a fan.



I didn't even contract very much like I usually do when I walk a lot. It was an all-around good day at the fair!





5 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks like fun. I love the corn! We don't have that here in Mass but such a cool idea.

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

How fun! I do miss being close to the fair. The big and little cow picture is hilarious!

Cassidy said...

Love these pictures! Especially the big cow, little cow -- great faces.

Courtney said...

Okay, you seriously need to frame that cow picture of Annalise and Dave. They could not have more classic facial expressions!

Emily said...

the corn picture is my favorite but I do love big cow little cow!