Monday, August 15, 2011

One more day...

Tomorrow is my sweet baby's birthday. Except two years old makes her not a baby anymore! I am so pleased with who she is. I am so tickled by her quirks, her soft belly, her cotton-y hair, her round cheeks, her funny voice. I am so delighted when she says, 'I love you, Mommy!' or when she leads her own prayers (she mainly repeatedly expresses thanks for 'MommyDaddy' and fireworks). I am so charmed when she gives out kisses and hugs, says 'Excuse me, Yeti' as she walks by the cat, is brave on high slides and bouncy houses, or dances to the music she hears. I am so fulfilled when she cuddles me, strokes my hair out of my face, or says, 'Thank you, Mommy!' when I hand her something.

Today she is one. Tomorrow she won't be. Ever again! She has a sense of humor, a silly side, a love of other children, and a giggle and laugh that make me wonder if any other child has ever been so enchanting. I can not imagine that the history of the world has ever seen someone more scrumptious, precious, and dear.

My darling Annalise, happiest of almost-birthdays to you, my love!









3 comments:

Courtney said...

How is this possible?! Where does all the time go?!

Happy (almost) Birthday, Annalise!!! :)

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

I would be totally shocked that she's two already, but since Austin is two, that means Annalise must be also. Two-year-olds are so fun, they can be difficult sometimes, but it's when they start seeming less and less like babies and more like little kids. There's still a lot of changes as they grow out of the toddler phase, but each stage is so exciting! Happy Birthday, Annalise! Hope it's fun!

Jodi said...

She is adorable especially in the pic w/ her tongue sticking out! Happy 2nd Birthday to her!