Sunday, October 3, 2010

Shabby Chic Frame

In perusing my local Dollar Store the other day, I came across a truly hideous pink wooden princess mirror. The painted design on the frame was some stripey orange and yellow hair with a crown on top so when you looked in the mirror YOU could be the princess with the worst 'do in the kingdom! Well, no matter! The mirror had a great body with scalloped edges that appealed to me and since I really love the trend I've been seeing of children in photographs holding up chalkboards with messages on them (such a cute way to always remember what was going on the picture!) I decided a refashion was in order.


This is what I started out with:

 
 
 
After two coats of chalkboard spray paint for the mirror, some decoupaged pink toile scrapbook paper for the frame, and a handmade flower to boot, we had a much prettier specimen!








The best part is that it's been put right to use!


















*More details on how it was made are over at Craftily Ever After*

3 comments:

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

That is a cute outfit and I love the frame!

I sooo need a new camera to capture the moments at least half as good as yours! Mine is getting old!

Heather said...

THAT is adorable! You, your daughter and your blog are all adorable! I clicked over from your other blog..so glad that I did...too cute!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so photogenic! Say hi for me!
-Andrew W.