Saturday, August 1, 2009

Night Night

We got a bed! And it is niiiiiiiiiiice. It was cheap, but it's a King, and that's all that matters. When we woke up on it the first time this morning, we looked at each other.

"Works for me!" Dave said.

"Me too!" I agreed. Kings rule.

On Thursday night we watched the season premiere of More to Love. It's a new show that's the same as The Bachelor (one of our favorites), but with fat people as both the bachelor and the ladies vying for him. It was pretty good, if not fabulous like the show it was fashioned after. We like to pause a lot as the show progresses to discuss many aspects with each other (including dorkiness, lack of propriety, derths of social skills, etc., etc.).

In the middle of the night that night, Dave, who was sleeping on his stomach, suddenly perched up on his elbows and started looking around, appearing wide awake though still unconscious.

"Hi," I said, noticing him since I'm awake a lot at night.

"You would never make it as a Bachelorette on More to Love," Dave announced suddenly. And loudly. I thought for a minute.

"Oh," I said. "Why not?"

"Because you're too particular," he declared.

"Huh," I paused thoughtfully. "How so?"

All of sudden, Dave started waking up. He looked around, confused.

"I don't know what I'm talking about," he mumbled and burried his face in his pillow, embarrrassed.

"Do you realize you just called me fat in your sleep?!" I asked him gleefully. He covered his face with his pillow and refused to answer. All that was heard was a grumpy harrumph.

6 comments:

D. said...

He called you fat...?!? Is he trying to get himself smothered in his sleep? HA!
I'm jealous, we only have a queen & most nights I wake up to my husband snoring in my face.

Emily said...

I love that he talks in his sleep so much! I also love that you're awake to catch such gems.... he's truly one of a kind and i <3 him!

Dr. Todd said...

that rocks!

Jessica said...

Delori, he "called me fat" by insinuating that I could be on the show at all!

Courtney said...

Ha! Freaking hilarious!! You oughta think about setting up a video camera in your room one of these days so that you can capture these moments on tape and use them later for blackmail.

Oh, and congrats on the king bed!!

Staci said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE IN A KING!!!!

Absolutely life changing with the new babe. Hip, Hip!!!

Also, great story as usual.