Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My "dad"

On Monday night we went to a welcome-back BBQ for Dave's friends from high school. They lived in Hong Kong for the past couple of years with their kids and just returned to OR. It was great to see them again, as well as Dave's whole group of friends since that time (they still call themselves "The Team") and their wives and kids.

Dave was teasing and saying something silly to his friend's five-year-old daughter Emily about something, and she just laughed at him and rolled her eyes. She ran to me and leaned over conspiratorially.

Shaking her head, she exclaimed, "Your dad is just so crazy!"

7 comments:

Emily said...

Hahahaha... that is just too funny.

Staci said...

I literally laughed out loud at that for a good 30 seconds. That would never happen with Doug and I.

Courtney said...

PA HA!!! That is freaking hilarious!!!

I don't want to hear any more complaints about getting old out of you, little Missy. I bet that when Annelise is born, people will think that you're here babysitter.

Emily said...

haha! that is awesome! :)

Jessica said...

Court, I've made no complaints about getting old. Only getting fat. And you can bet there will be lots more where that came from. :)

PDXTingeys said...

That is so funny!

Tracy said...

It was so good to see you and "your Dad" too! Can't wait to see you again on Monday.