Friday, January 2, 2009

Loyalty

Strike the last post from the record. The nausea is too as acute. Maybe worse. Horrible and awful and miserable and today I broke down. I was supposed to get ready for work so I put on a shirt and smushed my hair into a ponytail and felt so miserably horrible I started sobbing and crying and gasping and had to race for the toilet where I wanted to give up and die. The crying made the nausea worse but I couldn't stop. Tears flew out all over me and my shirt and the toilet bowl. As I sat on the floor and held on to the toilet seat, Pixie, in a show of utmost support, stood on my lap to rest her own little paws on the toilet seat next to my hands. We gripped that seat and stared into the toilet together.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

So precious. Don't you just love dogs? I hope you start to feel better, Jess.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessica,
I am SOOOO sorry to hear that it isn't getting any better.... but, how sweet of Pixie to be by your side :) And, know there is a sweet little one inside of you waiting for this to be all over too ... he/she doesn't mean to be causing this :) Blessings coming your way.
~Chelsea

Showmethesale said...

Jessica, I feel for you--I really do. Many of us have been there--and somehow gotten through all the malaise--only to get so doggone excited when that baby finally arrives--that we somehow magically forget all about it. . .

Until we get pregnant with the NEXT one--and then, uh oh! We'ree going through it all over again!

What we DO for these ungrateful brats is amazing! (speaking of my own children, of course)

A GREAT BIG, non-perfumey, non-lotiony, and non-smelly HUG!

Hang in there kiddo! It DOES get better. . . really and truly!

Nicole said...

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before -- but there is anti-nausea medication available for pregnant ladies that is safe. My cousin-in-law had to go on it several months ago and it changed her life. :)

Dr. Todd said...

What a drag. I'm sending Sumo and Mochi to come keep you and Pixie company!

Hayley Walton said...

oh jessica thats terrible! i hope you feel better soon- so much! and thats really sweet of pixie :) i found out today roxy is afraid of my guitar, so i will have no fuzzy companionship when i get frustrated writing a song... much luv and prayers <3

Blythe said...

That is just about the cutest thing I have ever heard, even with the whole toilet and vomiting scenario. You poor thing! I really really hope you feel better soon.