Saturday, September 17, 2011

DD + 2

Well, I can't really blame my baby for being a procrastinator. I mean, she comes by it honestly. Just last night (a day PAST the due date, I may remind you) I finally purchased the nursing bras I'll need once she's born, and only picked her going-home outfit and started packing my hospital bag this morning (TWO days past the due date, I may remind you.) Like mother, like daughter.

As Dave and I spent the morning finishing the organization of clothes and stuff for two little girls into one tiny bedroom (again, normal folks- Dave included, if it was his choice- would have had this done weeks ago) I went into the bathroom and found, much to my dismay, the toilet bowl filled with a handful of goldfish crackers and a large 'Nemo' sticker Annalise had gotten at one of my recent doctor's appointments. Finding it pretty funny- Annalise has never put anything in the toilet before- I called Dave over to see.

"We have a predicament," I said laughing, and showed him.

"What's the problem?" he asked, not coming all the way into the bathroom.

"The toilet! I said. "Look! She dumped all her fishy crackers and her fish sticker in there! We have to get it out. The toilet will be all clogged. But she's so smart! I guess she was thinking that fish go in the water!"

There was a long pause.

"Um," said Dave. "I did it."

I stared at him. No words came.

"I had to throw them out," he explained. "It's just crackers and paper. I didn't think it would be a problem."

0 comments: