Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Talky Little Talkington

My sweet baby whippersnapper has learned to say 'bubble', 'bar' (for granola and energy bars), 'cheese', 'Papa', 'baby', and 'pretty baby'. And there's nothing like a little traumatization to help her eke out her first sentence. Last week Dave was out of town, I was very sick, Annalise was cutting teeth (she has another new one on the bottom) and I had to be at a Pack Meeting for Scouts at 7:00pm, which is her bedtime. Dave's parents kindly offered to babysit, but when I left Annalise with them, she began crying and screaming. I came home to her an hour later to find she had basically never stopped. (I felt as bad for Grandma and Grandpa as I did for Annalise!) The poor little monkey clung to me when I got there, her gaspy after-crying heaves taking a long time to subside. When her grandparents left, she hugged me over and over, with each hug repeating fervently, "I love you. I love you. I love you." I couldn't believe she was saying it. It broke my heart.

For the record, Annalise greatly enjoyed playing with her grandparents once I rejoined them. She also enjoyed the chicken they brought, but only after I was the one to offer it to her. :)

1 comments:

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

How sweet! It's nice to feel loved, though it's also nice to have them like going to others as well!