Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wonderfully Wordy Wee One

Annalise likes to talk. When she isn't babbling incomprehensibly, she is mimicking the sounds and head-motions I make when I sneeze or cough, or bringing me her shoes and saying "shoose!" so I'll put them on her, or bringing me my shoes and saying "shoose!" so I'll put them on myself. All day long she says "Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!" every time she looks up at me, and likes to kiss me, her friends, pictures of herself, and her baby dolls with loud kissing impersonation noises: "mm-uhh!" She loves to look at herself in the mirror, or put on hair bows or sunglasses or have makeup applied and say "pwiii-ee" (pretty). She points to and identifies piggies ("pee-ggy!"), kitties ("Ki-ee!") and dogs in her books. I think I've mixed her up a little because I haven't been consistent and have switched back and forth between saying "doggy" and "puppy" when we see a canine. So she combines the two and calls them all "do-ppy!". She may or may not have said "I love you" and "bar" (for her granola bar) once each, as well as a myriad of other possible words that she repeated after me but then wouldn't repeat again so I couldn't be sure. The other day it sounded like she said "cheese" after I asked her if she wanted some cheese.

"Did you say cheese?" I got very excited. "Say cheese!" I encouraged her again. "Cheese! Ch! Ch! Chee-eese! Cheesy Cheese! Chees-ers! Cheesy-weasy! Cheese! Cheese! Cheese!" She stared at me, refusing to utter a sound. "Fine," I said dejectedly and gave up. "Here's your cheese. It's in its wrapper."

"Wrapper," she repeated, with perfect clarity.


2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Darling girl. And darling boots.

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

So cuuute! I tell you, though, she reminds me of Victoria at that age.... :)