Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lace Halloween Wreath

I've been excited to see so many cute fall/Halloween wreaths this season, so it was just a matter of time before I created an original one of my own.

When I visited my grandmother back east this spring she was trying to get my mom to take her old black lace jacket.




She didn't want to throw it away but she no longer wanted it because sun-damage had caused discoloration in some areas.





My mom didn't want it either so she convinced me to take it for the fabric. It's been sitting in my stash ever since. This week though, I paired it with a 10" green wreath-form and two spools of satin ribbon, all from the dollar store.

 
 
 
Three dollars later, I had a festive Halloween wreath!








I wrapped the wreath-form in orange ribbon, covered it with lace, and made the flower out of strips of the black ribbon.



Halloween's starting a little early at our house this year!

For more details on how this was made, visit
http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com



4 comments:

SassyMama said...

Fabulous!!!

Staci said...

Wow Jess!!! I'm totally impressed!!!

Nicole said...

Just popped in to say congrats on your blog expansion, your lovely creations, and being the mother of a pint-sized, articulate little sweet pea.
I love that her first word was "pretty".

Courtney said...

Jess, I wish that I had even a tenth of your creativity. Amazing!