Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Two nights in a row!

Annalise and I went completely dairy-free and gluten-free 2 1/2 weeks ago. The purpose in doing so was to determine if Annalise's extreme night-waking habits were due to food allergies, as suggested to me by many friends and mothers alike. It takes dairy two weeks to get completely out of your system. Along the way, the length of time between wakings lengthened considerably (three hours at a stretch as opposed to often only one hour, and at most two hours.) At exactly two weeks and one day, once the dairy was completely flushed out, Annalise slept through the night. This was the night before last. Now, I did not let myself get hopeful that it meant anything for the future. Once at one month and once at seven months she also slept through the night, and those times I did let myself get hopeful, only to be disappointed. But then last night SHE DID IT AGAIN. She slept through the night two nights in a row. This has never happened in her entire life.

The tragic irony is that I was so sick from the virus she gave me that I couldn't sleep for hours because of the nausea. And then once I did, I was still woken up every time Dave rolled over because our mattress sucks and is so loud. BUT STILL.

I am trying not to be hopeful. But I can't lie. I AM HOPEFUL!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Lovely picture.
Sorry you guys are so sick.
Sam and I have been sick, too.
Blech.

SassyMama said...

Here's hoping this trend continues... for 18 more years:)