Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sicky-Pants

Our poor little girl is a sicky. She's only had a couple of stuffy noses in her life, and this is the first virus she's caught. With all my breastfeeding hard-work I'm a little mad she caught something at all!

In the middle of the night last night she woke me up throwing up a few times, but did not wake herself up! AND SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT (after an initial waking two hours after she was put down.) I would like to believe it's because of the new strict gluten-free/dairy-free diet we are both on, but maybe it was just because she was so sick? I don't know.

Needless to say, when she stirred in the morning, I had an abundance of milk for her, given that normally she nurses five times a night or something ridiculous. As soon as she finished drinking from one side, she threw it all up. WOW there's a lot of milk in one side. She soaked herself and had to have a bath and continued to throw up even sips of water I gave her throughout the rest of the morning. I called the advice nurse twice and was advised as to how to detect dehydration, but luckily the afternoon went better for her and she started holding down her liquids (not before creating some interesting tie-dye-like designs out of orange Pedialyte puke on the light beige carpet) and moved on to the diarrhea portion of the virus. She is currently sleeping and I am feeling like I caught whatever she had. NO FUN.


(from a happier day)


2 comments:

melis said...

hope you all are feeling better!

Lisa Wootens said...

Thanks greaat post