Friday, January 22, 2010

2 thumbs up!

Thumb One: I bought Buggy a sippy cup, and the child who has gagged over every bottle existing grabbed the sippy with both hands, stuffed the spout in her mouth, and started sucking. Like a freakin' genius. When the water came out it surprised and choked her, but still. She is totally getting the hang of it.

Thumb Two: I had some time on my hands before her bedtime last night so I decided to try feeding her. It had been over a week since the meaty meat-face attempt and I figured we'd go with some sweet potatoes. Much to her mother's SHOCK and THRILL, she ATE!!! Ate like she'd been eating forever, swallowing it right down, not even making a mess. It was frankly stunning. I prepared myself for a long night of sleeping.*

*Addendum: There was no long night of sleeping. What there was was perhaps the worst night ever of sleeping. Unless you are talking about going for a record of non-sleeping, because in that case it was the best night ever and Guinness and his Book should contact me through this blog.

Addendum2: Solids do not make babies sleep better. The studies are right. The mothers are wrong. Note to self.







4 comments:

SassyMama said...

Glad she likes the sippy, that will save you much grief:).

I know, I too hoped solids would be the magic bullet, but our Gastroentrologist swore it wouldn't help. He was right:(. Sorry you had such a bad night.

Btw... great pictures:)

Jodie said...

Nope, they don't help. But I keep feeding them to Brody, mess and all, hoping they do.
Oh, I was going to try the sippy cup thing this week, too. Glad she took it well!

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

I love her bunny!

Emily said...

Hahaha.. oh the picture of her with her mouth open right by the bunny is so funny and cute.