Monday, July 27, 2009

Some Lists

There is a light at the end of the tunnel!


Things I'm Looking Forward to Afterwards (once this pregnancy becomes the Pregnancy-That-Was):

*Wearing my wedding rings

*Rolling over in bed without requiring help from a crane

*Laying on my back

*Hugging without turning sideways

*Cuddling/spooning. Aah, spooning. Can barely remember it.

*Going running

*Wearing my shoes again (I have worn the same pair of flip flops for 3 weeks straight.)

*Buying new clothes (I have worn the same three shirts for 3 weeks straight.)

*Fitting in our tiny bed better

*Not being so hot/heavy/swollen/UNCOMFORTABLE

*Seeing my parents

*Sitting on the floor

*Scootching in to the table when I eat

*Crossing my legs (Especially in church. Especially when wearing a dress.)

*Meeting this little girl


Things I am Grateful For:

*The perfect nectarine I had for breakfast

*Dave has lots of gym shorts that fit me perfectly

*My body works and is producing a child

*(Due to near-constant encounters with them) my alleviating phobias of spiders and bugs. ***PS- the spiders here must be SuperSpiders- they often can not be killed with bug spray. Who ever heard of a bug living through a geyser of bug spray??)***

*Seeing Dave in the middle of the day (he comes home for lunch now that his commute is 2 minutes)

*My lovely baby showers (once I get the pictures I will post them)

*Our house is (albeit slowly) coming together

*Our kitchen (I painted it green. We made the cabinets white. It has Pottery Barn curtains. I love it.)

*The nursery is organized and ready for the baby (This does not mean decorated, per se. But at least the infant will not have to live out of boxes. Thank you Becky and JoAnn.)

*****************************************************************

BTW, it's really hot here. Like 100 degrees. Random gifts of air conditioners happily accepted.

6 comments:

Staci said...

Great lists.

You are going to be non prego mommy soon! We can't wait!

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

Ditto to all the things you look forward to after pregnancy, though I would also add eating and drinking w/o feeling sick whatsoever!

Jessica said...

Good point Val. I look forward to no more heartburn too.

Emily said...

Oh, I feel so bad for you without an air conditioner! I apparently picked a great time to visit my parents and their air conditioned house (although the timing decision was completely unrelated to weather). My husband said it was 103 degrees in Beaverton today! How terrible for you!!

On a happier note, your kitchen sounds so cute! I want to see a picture of that kitchen!

Emily said...

Also, thank you for your comment on my blog.

Dr. Todd said...

Ahh,.... nectarines. Great "thankful for" item. Thanks for coming over tonight. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.