Friday, April 3, 2009

5 months

As of yesterday I am 5 months pregnant! In the afternoon I visited the store I used to work at, which I haven't been back to since I left. Someone there told me I was 'tiny'! That was possibly the best compliment I've ever received. On the other hand, I was greeted initially with a "Hi, Fatty," which was a little less flattering. At least it's not like I'm trying to be thin but failing (I don't think you can count wishing and pray-begging as trying) - no, I type this with a Chips Ahoy in my mouth.

My SIL Catherine is kindly gifting me with many maternity hand-me-downs, which are currently saving my life, as I have the uncomfortable habit of constantly trying to fit into things much too small for me, as my eyes are smaller than my body (this would be the opposite of the "my-eyes-are-bigger-than-my-stomach" phenomenon). See below, as I am clad entirely in her well-fitting cast-offs. (Um... the sad part? She was wearing this stuff while sporting three fetuses. Yeah. I've only got one.)





She's really in there!! And she's battering me to get out!

11 comments:

Blythe said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! There's something about pregnant women that is particularly beautiful. And your pregnant tummy is NOT that big. The way you talked about it made me expect to see a baby bump the size of a house!

Will and Sandy said...

You look great!

Emily said...

If she was pregnant with 3, I'm sure she was wearing the same clothes earlier in the pregnancy.

Staci said...

Cute...it's great that you posted pics. You won't believe that you were ever pregnant after she is on the outside.

Emily said...

you look amazing Blythe is right! you are not that big and I'm so glad you posted photos :) you're so cute!

Stephanie said...

You are so cute! I just love pregnant bellies!! Yes I know there is a whole lot more that happens to the body but just think of the little miracle you are growing inside. I mean, don't you think she wants a cookie even if it does make you thighs bigger? You're just being a good mommy!!

Courtney said...

Jess, I don't think that there is anything you could be or do where you wouldn't be absolutely gorgeous. Really. Thanks for finally posting pictures of your hottie self. P.S. LOVE the belly button (or lack thereof). :o)

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

There's still plenty of room in those clothes! You look adorable! (I just added a comment about your stretch marks too. Sorry, I'm a little behind on my blog checks!)

Robyn said...

Are you not coloring your hair anymore?

Jessica said...

Robyn- haha, my hair appointment is on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, look how cute!!!!!
~Chelsea