Sunday, February 8, 2009

14 weeks

Now that I am done with the first trimester, the nausea is supposed to get better. Like a lightswitch, people say. Today at church I almost died from it, but after swiping a granola bar intended by its organized mother for her 1-year-old , I felt much better. Interestingly, the softball-sized babe now has its own fingerprints. Softy is 1/3 cooked!

The other day when I was feeling particularly crappy, Dave came home from work and asked me how I was.

"Bad," I told him flatly.

"I know what will make you all better," he said in his sexy voice, thrusting out his chest and proceeding to flap around the kitchen like a rooster, jutting out his chin over and over. "Just looking at me!"

5 comments:

[M] said...

the last time i threw up was around week 19. by week 20 i felt pretty good. some people are sick the WHOLE time. it's rare though. i'm sure you will feel better by your hump-day:)

Emily said...

did you feel better looking at Dave? you should be receiving a package sometime this week :) might help with the yucks...

Courtney said...

Oh dear.....I kinda wish I could've seen that.

Blythe said...

I have been so out of the blogging loop! I had a lot to catch up on.

Men are so sensitive, aren't they? I won't deny that the imagery created by this post kinda made ME feel better though!

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

I'm 25 weeks along and the past few days some of the nausea has returned. I remember Karina saying that with her boys she always felt slightly nauseated, but she wasn't as sick at the beginning. It's the same with me. Even though it went away with my girls, it was not exactly at the end of the first trimester, it was more like 16-17 weeks along. Good luck!