Monday, December 22, 2008

Knocking on wood, Moderation, and Olives

I would have to say that between yesterday and today, I feel a teensy bit better. I am knocking on wood as I type this, but perhaps the morning sickness may be abating just a tiny bit?

This is not to say that I feel great, or even good, but I have not felt perpetually MISERABLE since the night before last (the early morning of my birthday when I was praying to the porcelain bathroom god from 3am-6am whilst madly stuffing cereal down my throat).

Today I have been able to ease my torture while eating only in moderation (!!!) and go for hours-long stretches at a time where I felt almost human. This is a victory. This also may have something to do with the fact that the other morning I asked Dave if we could say a prayer and when he said yes and came over I told him actually he would be saying it and could he please focus specifically on my stomach while he was at it. He did and it's been working.

Also, he earns the husband-of-the-year award because I've been begging for black olives for two days but we've been completely snowed in. With no weather reprieve in sight, Dave suited up in his snow gear and backpack today and announced that he would be trekking the many miles to the store to fetch them. This is quite possibly the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me.

I ate the olives. They were so good.

3 comments:

Cooper Family said...

You should have had him treck over here or given me a call. I almost always have a can of olives. And if I don't, I have neighbors that do.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better!!! I hope it continues. I am glad that Dave is treating you so well!! Good Job bro!!!

Courtney said...

Yay!! I hope you only continue to get better, Jess!!