Monday, October 6, 2008

The other day I was in the office when I heard a high-pitched volley of spastic barking commence from the front yard. Instinctively, I looked around for Pixie who was sleeping peacefully in her blue satin office bed. I rushed outside and saw two little monsters barking hysterically at a tree, having escaped their home and doing their darnedest to become kidnapped or roadkill, whichever came first. It was Roscoe and Izzy! As mentioned in previous posts, they live up the street and Pixie loves them madly. They most assuredly should not have been racing happily about in the street and amidst their neighbors' lawns. I zoomed to them and they to me and we all had quite a fit of joy in the meeting before I had to responsibly see about their re-imprisonment. I knocked on their door and they happily followed, bouncing and wagging and licking and quite expecting to be let back in. But no one was home. So we had a party at our house! Only Pixie and Roscoe are featured in the pictures though, because Izzy was a tad nervous and chose to spend her time hiding safely beneath the china cabinet instead. Pixie is on the left:





She and Roscoe really do love each other. Well, she might love him a little bit more. I try to teach her to play hard-to-get but it hasn't sunk in yet. If he turns his head away she bows and sticks her butt in his nose. If he looks at something else for too long she flings herself at his feet, wiggling away so he can't miss her. If he pauses to scratch himself she jumps on him til he remembers she is there. BFFs.

5 comments:

Blythe said...

So cute! Looks like Pixie is having the time of her life!

Nicole said...

These pictures are too adorable. I can't take the cuteness radiating out of my computer screen. I have to go now.

Emily said...

so cute so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, now you have the cutest blog ever! Love your stories, the way you write, Pixie is adorable, you and your husband are so cute, wedding pics are GORGEOUS, (yes I scrolled through your blog that far lol... couldn't stop) and you are an amazing "scrapper"! Try out for the CW Design Team... I want to work with you on the team! :)
Probably see you soon....
~Chelsea
http://hapemome.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Okay, so I am not a huge dog lover, but I think you made me fall in love with Pixie. Those pictures are too adorable. I love how you described Pixie's persistance for Roscoe's attention. Very cute!