Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nature calls

To balance out Dave's feelings of goodwill from my last post, I hereby submit this account from last night.

Dave said he was going into the den to check his email while we were watching TV. A few minutes later I found him quite asleep in bed. When I crawled in he initiated some delightful snuggle-age. Apparently his subconscious self enjoys that a tad more than his conscious self. It's funny what a full-body cuddle will do for a girl. I felt happy. I felt fulfilled. Warm and tender feelings flooded me. "This is why people get married!" I mused contently to myself. My sense of well-being was so complete it was keeping me awake. I kept thinking of all the things I am grateful for about Dave. Every reason I love him came to my mind. I imagined 42 things I could do for him to make his life easier. I planned meals I could cook him. I stared at his sleeping self with fond rapture. I was filled to the brim with love. He jostled around and I told him I loved him. He breathed loudly in response. But he jostled again a bit so I knew he wasn't entirely asleep. I tried to think of a way to express how I felt and why I couldn't sleep.

"I'm exploding with love for you," I told him.

There was a thoughtful pause. Then he replied, "I gotta pee."

5 comments:

Blythe said...

Men always know how to make your heart melt, don't they?

Courtney said...

This SO makes me want to get married. Just kidding, Jess. Seriously, though - why does Dave sleep so much? Is he narcoleptic?

[M] said...

guys always have the perfect timing...i think almost the exact thing has happened to us. i always bear my soul and get snoring in response:)

Julie and Todd said...

Oh the love. Feeling it...feeling it. Can totally relate.

Stephanie said...

That's hillarious! I didn't realize you had your own blog until today. I love it.