Thursday, February 2, 2012

Allergies

Poor baby Karina was diagnosed with a severe dairy allergy, which has been the reason that her poor skin is hideous, red, scaly, itchy, weeping fluids, and torturing her. I am nursing so it means no more dairy for either of us, and the doctor suggested I avoid soy as well since those two allergies often go hand in hand. We've been rubbing steroid cream on her for two weeks and hopefully will be able to stop in one more week when all the milk proteins are out of my blood. Whenever we stop now, the eczema comes back with a fiery vengeance. She is the sweetest-spirited child I've ever known, and it is positively terrible to see her so miserable from her allergies. We've hopped in the car to try out some different vegan food carts for the past couple of weekends and the food has been really quite good. Here is Annalise stuffed into her carseat on the way to the foodcarts. :)
  

2 comments:

SassyMama said...

Gah! I hope you going off dairy and soy works!!!

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

My sister-in-law's baby has the same allergy. She's doing really well now and my SIL has lost a ton of weight now being on that diet. I hope it goes well for you. Good luck!