Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Daddy's Girl

Every morning the baby usually wakes up around 6:30. Dave takes her and plays with her until 8:00 when he has to get ready for work. This is lovely and provides me some the best sleep I get all night since she and all of her snuffling, rolling, crying, frequent wakenings, and loud snorty breathing are out of the bed. So this morning when she wasn't ready to be up until 7:30 I was very sad because it meant I only got a half hour of peaceful uninterrupted sleep before she would be back.

Apparently she wasn't too pleased with the limited time she got with Daddy either. Normally when she comes back to me from being with anyone else she is THRILLED. Today she must not have gotten her fill of Daddy Time though, so being handed back to Mommy was about as appealing as having her nose suctioned. Or riding in her stroller. (Read: BABY TORTURE.) She stared at Dave with consternation when he set her down and proceeded to cry, shout, wail, and BEG him to pick her back up. He did a few times, trying to hold her for a minute and then give her back to me so he could get ready, but it wasn't enough for her. She cried and screamed if he tried to extricate her from his arms and calmed and smiled when gave in. He finally had to leave for work amidst the chorus of her wailing cries.

So sad and so sweet.









6 comments:

Diana said...

That is so cute. I am sure it makes Dave feel good to know that she wants time with him. The look she is giving on the last picture is a total Dave look. So funny!!!

Robyn said...

Sweet sleeping pictures. I wish for the day when my kids will be daddy's kids. No such luck here. Gunner will be on my lap until he is probably 12 or so.

Dave Fuhriman said...

I must admit it's very fun coming home every night and seeing my sweet lady smiling big at me, rolling around on the floor in her pajamas, playing with toys and drooling on the carpet.

Annalise is fun to see too. :)

[M] said...

these are my favorite pics you have taken of annalise to date...the lighting is fantastic

Cooper Family said...

Love the pictures, but I especially love the cute shirt she is wearing!

Nicole said...

Beautiful girl.

Like that shirt a lot.