Saturday, February 27, 2010

Portland Japanese Garden

Today we ventured out for a fun family activity! The Portland Japanese Garden was having a free-admission day so away we went. It was packed, but beautiful.













I got pretty snap-happy with the camera (as evidenced above) and Dave decided he wanted a turn. He challenged me to a blog-judged photo contest. Below you will find two sets of five pictures each. Please pick your favorite set and put your choice (Set 1 or Set 2) in the comments. Dave and I had so much fun racing around trying to get the best shots!

SET 1




********************************************************************
SET 2





11 comments:

Emily said...

Fun! I love the Japanese gardens, hmmm, wondering who took which set but I'm not sure. But I have to go with set #2.

Cooper Family said...

This is a tough one. I like pictures from both sets. I think I will have to go with Set #1

Todd Hillyard said...

Tough because I love the set 1 photo 5 and set 2 photo 4. But I'm going with Set 1. Your photos are getting amazing. Ready to teach me?

Unknown said...

ha i liked both of them, but ill say set 2 just to even out the playing field ;)

Nicole said...

My vote is for Set 1.
Honorable mention goes to the fifth shot in Set 2 -- fantastic.

Fun idea. I should do this with my spousal unit.

melis said...

hmm...i will have to go with set 2 because i like the water pics...

Nicole said...

Gilbert says: set 1.

Stephanie said...

I have to go with set 2 as well because I like the water pictures. Cute idea! You people with nice cameras are killing me.

Valerie and Mercado Family said...

Set 2, but I did like the rope pic in Set 1. BTW, I love all of Annalise's bows!!

Kelsey said...

Well...they are both really good...but I liked set 2 a little bit more...can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!

Kelsey

Jessica said...

Thanks for the votes! I won, with a slim margin of 6 to 4. My set was set 2. Dave and I had a lot of fun with the contest though, so we will be doing more. The theme for the next contest will be Your Town. We, of course, live in the same town, which means we will both be striving to most artistically portray Tualatin!