Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Countdown to DD: 4 Days Left

(For the record, I hold no such belief that I will actually have the baby by my due date. Maybe I'm wrong! That would be great.)

Dave's twin sister and her kids are in town, staying with their parents. Last night we went to hang out with them. I brought the less-than-flattering ultrasound pictures of Insider.

We were watching America's Got Talent as I showed them to Dave's dad, Parker. Just as a dominatrix woman came onscreen to perform her talent, clad in barely-there black leather, Parker stared at the pictures and kindly (if not delusionally) pronounced, "I think she's cute!"

Dave's mother Becky flew to an upright position on the couch.

"What did you say, Parker?" she asked, aghast.

"I said she's cute!" he said resolutely, still looking at the pictures. But Dave's mother was staring at the TV screen in dismay.

"But Parker," she exclaimed. "She's not your type at all!"

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Hee hee hee.

Staci said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

Emily said...

Ahh, too funny.

Jen said...

LOL!!!! SO funny!!!!! =) I miss you. Did you get my message about the chandelier I found? Did you see the pictures? Let me know!!! =)

JENNILLE said...

Good luck to you guys. Hopefully your girl comes soon! We're sure enjoying the sleepless nights so far!